Randy K7AGE Ham Shack Build Part 1: Ham Nation 226. Post #625.


If you're having trouble viewing this video, please insert this address into your browser search box: https//youtu.be/ GVn9rLvQF_4.  For many of us in the amateur radio community, a move to a new home or apartment will compel us to think about how our new ham shack will look.  When I moved most of my amateur radio equipment to my new home (still under construction) on Hawaii Island, I organized the transition fairly well, so I thought.  I'm still trying to find a good place for the "radio room".  Most of my operating is being done with a temporary inverted V antenna hooked to my standby Yaesu FT-7 QRP rig in the garage.  Most of the other rooms are still full of kitchen goods, clothing, and other items left over from the initial move.  If I were better organized, I would have thought out things a bit better.  So, while I prepared new plans for the ham shack, I ran across Randy Hall's (K7AGE) video on how he is building a ham shack in his new home in Gold, Oregon.  In part 1 of the series, Randy explains how he organized his move and planned his equipment placement in the new shack.  Randy's new radio room is very well organized and efficient.  I certainly can learn a few things from Randy.  In forthcoming videos, Randy will show us how us how he builds a new antenna "farm" and joins it to his in-house ham shack.  Stay tuned for updates.  For the latest Amateur Radio news and events, please check out the blog sidebars.  These news feeds are updated daily.  You can follow our blog community with a free email subscription or by tapping into the blog RSS feed.  Thanks for joining us today!  Aloha es 73 de Russ (KH6JRM).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building a ZS6BKW antenna from scratch. Post #1559.

Antenna for Condo Backyard-Stealth. Post #1542.

G5RV Multi Band HF Dipole Antenna. Post #1555.