Simple Ham Radio Antennas--Excellent Folded Dipole Antenna Made Of Coax & Lamp Cord. Post #477.


I discovered this helpful, well-presented video while I was searching for a FM receive antenna for my rural Hawaii Island QTH. FM radio reception is marginal where I live, so I was looking for an easy to build FM antenna that wouldn't cost "an arm and a leg" to design, install, and maintain. The antenna construction is fairly straightforward and involves some coaxial cable and lamp cord.  The performance on the FM broadcast band is quite good.  I also built one to monitor the repeaters serving the east side of Hawaii Island,  While these antennas are for receive purposes only, you could design a similar antenna for transmitting as well.  This is an excellent weekend project, especially for those of us in marginal FM broadcast reception areas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building a ZS6BKW antenna from scratch. Post #1559.

Antenna for Condo Backyard-Stealth. Post #1542.

G5RV Multi Band HF Dipole Antenna. Post #1555.