KH6JRM's Amateur Radio Blog

Now that things have calmed a bit after the tragic
shooting incident in Tucson, Arizona on 08 January,
the news cycle can return to some degree of normalcy.
Having covered broadcast news for over 35 years, it
never ceases to amaze me how people like this assass-
in can just run loose in society without anyone doing a
thing about it.  Where was the intervention for this guy
who apparently had problems stretching back several
years?  No telling how many others like him are milling
around in society.  And what about security for our con-
gressional representatives?  Just something to think about.
All that has transpired during the past week makes me glad
I can get away now and then and work off stress by physical
exercise and pursuits such as amateur radio.  I'll spend some
time this weekend repairing antennas and working some brass
on the old J-38 key.  Sometimes, one just has to get away from
the disfunctional everyday world and refresh the spirit.  Fishing
and hiking also come to mind--both activities my XYL and I
enjoy.  I trust you made it through the week intact--my heart
goes out to those affected by last week's event.  The world
surely is getting off to an uncertain start...all the more reason to
take a break, get on the air, and be thankful for what we have,
however humble.  Have a good weekend.  Aloha es 73 de
KH6JRM.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building a ZS6BKW antenna from scratch. Post #1559.

Antenna for Condo Backyard-Stealth. Post #1542.

G5RV Multi Band HF Dipole Antenna. Post #1555.